Last year before 2016 I set a handful of my goals for my rabbitry. First I'm going to go over those and then list my new ones for 2017!
Lets go :P
1. Increase my rabbitry to 20 holes - DONE. Now have 27 I believe.
2. Have at least 10 litters - DONE. I had 17 litters this year.
3. Get 3rd place or better with a homegrown - DONE. Chunk won BOS as well as other homegrowns getting 1st place and "higher" wins.
4. Replace Duke - SEMI DONE. Duke is no longer going to be bred, he just needs to find a good home. I do have a chocolate tort buck that looks nice, hopefully will "replace" him, but he's still young.
5. Find a website theme I like and stick with it - DONE. I love my current theme, it's staying into 2017 and then for a while.
6. Improve crowns in Hollands - NOT DONE. I have not been able to get my crowns to where I'd like, they're almost all slipped.
7. Improve bone in Hollands - DONE. Last year I "complained" about thin bone. With Fonzie and other rabbits introduced to my herd I've been able to get bone that is a good thickness, or even crazy thick.
8. Sell all pet quality rabbits - DONE. Shen died, sold my pet quality Mini Rex and I currently don't have a pet *quality* rabbit in the barn (besides two 8 week olds, that will be sold)
So those were all my 2016 goals, and all of them but 1 was accomplished. That makes me really happy.
So for 2017, I'd like to accomplish the following:
1. Have at least 15 litters - I had 17 this year, so 15 should be doable!
2. Produce at least one quality chocolate or chocolate tort. - With everything that went so wrong with my chocolate program, this will actually be a bit tough.
3. Produce a Lilac Tort. Preferably nice quality. - I have the genetics for this, it's just getting one.
4. Win Best of Breed with a homegrown. - The best I've won with a homegrown is BOS. I'd love to take it to BOB next year.
5. Grand Fonzie, Chunk and Tisroc. - I need to send in the stuff for Fonzie and Chunk, Tisroc will need another leg.
6. Produce a nice Harlequin. - I have the genetics, not 100% sure on the type. But I have a whole year ;)
7. Go to paSRBA. - I highly doubt this will happen. But I'd love it.
8. Improve crown and ears in Hollands. - I hate my crown/ears. Here's to making them better in 2017.
9. Be more active on my blog. - I'm going to try, I promise.
10. Be more active on my youtube channel. - I had it going good for a while, but I need to pick it back up and keep it going.
So that's 10 goals, I could honestly go on. But 10 is enough. Lets see what happens in 2017, lets make it a year to remember!